Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Hamster Who is Me

Author's Note: I have had a lot of extra work time in LA lately, so today I decided to write an essay. Since a lot of people have been writing creative personal metaphor pieces, I wanted to write one, too. But instead of writing a poem,I wrote an essay. Please give me feedback on how to make it better.


Think about what kind of animal you would be. How does that animal represent you? It is fun to think about what kind of animal you would be if you could. I am like a hamster.

Hamsters are small, hardy animals. At times, they are very active. Sometimes, I can get too excited. For instance, I have a hamster, and whenever my dad walks into the den, (the room Marshmallow is in,) Marshmallow climbs up to the top of his cage as fast as he can because he thinks my dad is going to give him a sunflower seed. His way of thinking is, "If I do something he will like, I will get something I like". My dad once joked about that if we filled our tub with sunflower seeds, and put Marshmallow in it, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. Other times, my hamster is lazy. I must admit that at times, I too am lazy.

Other than rarely being in between excited and lazy/tired, I am small (kind of). Hamsters can be very small. I say that I am like a hamster because size wise, I'm not a horse. Also, I am a very slow eater. I know as a fact, so are hamsters because like I said before, I own one. Marshmallow likes to shell his seed's outer coating before he can eat them. I don't really like things such as if a hot dog has grill marks on it or a pancake is half burned. My hamster doesn't seem to like things like that either. I wouldn't say I'm a picky eater, but Marshmallow sure is!

Another reason I am like a hamster other than being small is because of my creativity and loving character. Hamsters are easy to love; with their fluffy fur, their adorable chubby faces, and their eager attitude. I am like that because I love making people laugh- and I'm good at it, too! All hamsters are creative in their own ways. I like being creative in ways from drawing an awesome drawing or choosing a beautiful background for my laptop. Overall, I am fun to be around.

I am like a hamster. Fun to be with, small, creative, loving character, excited… these are all things that describe me. They also describe all the hamsters I know/have ever known. Think about one thing- if you were an animal, which one would you most fit with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lauren. That was amazing! I loved all of your details and how you compared yourself really well to your hamster. (Speaking of your hamster, he seems so cute!) Anyways,I also liked how you used a lot of AB transitions. That made it sound nice. I wouldn't change a single thing. I loved it a lot. You should include this kind of detail in all of your essays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Allison, I wouldn't change anything. Your essay is adorable! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete