Thursday, November 29, 2012

Aurora Borealis


Author's Note: I've always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis, but I haven't been that far up north to see one. So I decided to write a poem, but in an interesting way. I mean, it isn't exactly in my point of view because I never had a dream with that in it, but it still could happen... Anyways, I do wish to see it one day. 



Up to the north we went
All warm in our car
We drove and drove
From far away
To the place where
Beauty lays

I look from the car
Into the sky
I see nothing but blackness
Plus a few stars slightly glowing in the distance
My Mother says, "Wait patiently
And it will come."

But as I wait
I grew very tired
As if a bus
Had run me into a wall
So I slept
Like a bunny

Suddenly I was shook
Just softly
Something barely brushing me
I look up
The car roof is gone
And beauty is showing

The lights dance around
All happy like on Christmas Day
The lines of hues of blues and greens
Flow in an ongoing system
That never stops
I didn't want to look away

Of course though I had to
For I had woke up
With a violent jolt
I was back to reality
The sun is creeping into my room
Like a cat to a mouse

Although I do wish
It was for real and not merely a dream
The Northern Lights
Are waiting
For me to come
I am here

No comments:

Post a Comment