Monday, December 5, 2011

After a Fun Day, Sad Things Can Happen

Author's Note: Two days after my hamster, Cupcake died, I was still a little sad. Cupcake was the only thing I could think about, so I wrote a story about the kind-of-weird day I had when she died.


On Sunday, September 4th, my dad took my little brother and I fishing. Connor claimed that fish like wax worms best. I believed him, because my grandpa took him fishing, and they caught 15 fish! Except we always put the fish back into the water because my dad says that it is too hard to cook the fish. So, my brother and I went to the bait shop to buy wax worms. We always fish on the pier on Pewaukee Lake. My brother caught 1 fish, and I didn't catch any, because the fish kept on taking our bait. I really think fishing is boring, because you have to wait forever until you get a bite, and even then, you are lucky if you catch a fish.

On the way home, my dad asked us what else we would like to do today. Connor said right away that he wanted to go to Cushing park. There was nothing else to do, so I went to the park with them. Cushing park is HUGE! All my brother wanted to do was play in the sandbox.

Afterwards, we went home. My mom then told me some very sad news. She showed me my hamster's cage, and there was Cupcake, lying like she had never lied before. She told me that she didn't think that Cupcake would make it through the day. Then, my brother started to watch a movie, but I don't know what it was called. Soon, we went to the Chocolate Factory in downtown Pewaukee, because my mom had coupons. It really wasn't the best day to be having ice cream though, because it was pretty chilly outside. I had the flavor I'm talking chocolate, my mom had the flavor chocolate raspberry truffle, my dad had chocolate malt, and Connor had cotton candy. Halfway through the ice cream, Connor said, "This tastes like bubble gum." Then later, he said, "Actually, it does taste like cotton!" I find that very funny.

Soon after getting ice cream, we went home. My parents told my brother the night before that we would go to McDonald's for dinner that night. Connor was anxious to go to the outside play land. It was pretty disgusting, so even though Connor begged me to go up there with him, I decided not to go up into it.

The saddest thing happened when we got home. We found that Cupcake was no longer breathing, when we were watching her for five minutes. So, Cupcake, the nicest hamster in the whole wide world died. She was 2 years old, so she died of old age. I decorated a small pink box for her with her name in sparkly foam letters across the top, a picture that I drew of a cupcake on the side, and on the two short ends, a kind of letter that I wrote for her, and a name poem for Cupcake. Inside, I put in some of her bedding. My dad picked up Cupcake, and put her into the box, and we took her to the hole in the backyard that my dad had dug. The saddest part of all was then it started to rain.

3 comments:

  1. i love your story!But its really sad. Waa! :C

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother had a hamster once, and it died of old age too. He turned white.

    ReplyDelete