Saturday, April 14, 2012

Snow Day

Author's Note: I was bored over spring break, so I decided to write a random story. I don't know how I was inspired, since there is no snow on the ground. Maybe it was because I was looking back at things other people wrote and saw many things had something to do with snow. This is how my snow story came out.


I am awakened by a herd of elephants tromping down the hallway saying, “It snowed! It snowed! Look outside!” like they never saw snow before. I was forced to drag myself out of bed and slip on my bathrobe. I shuffled my way downstairs. But it’s not like I got any peace and quiet, because my two twin brothers were running around and dumping out their entire toy bucket, creating a whole lot of noise. At that moment, I felt like burying my face into the couch cushion and not lift my head up until tomorrow.

Never will I understand my mom. She came downstairs this morning all excited. She kept saying, “Oh, it’s the twins’ first snow day! We’ll go sledding, have smores! Maybe even go to Stonefire Pizza!”. Even though I’d normally be excited, I wasn’t, for the single reason of my mom never does anything fun like those things with me. She makes me stay home. “Amanda, you’re welcome to come.” Nevermind, then I guess I am going. But she can’t make me become excited.

I dragged myself back upstairs to get dressed. Later, we went sledding at a hill. There were so many kids bundled up in snow gear so they walk all stiff-like through the snow and fall on their faces every 2 feet. Then you hear the crying because the snow is cold. Next, worried mothers are dragging their screaming children to the car because they fell and gave themselves “Boo-boos”. It just doesn’t seem enjoyable.

It wasn’t.

At 5 o’clock, we had dinner. It was rice and chicken. Afterwards, my mom made s’mores for us. The ooey, gooey, delectable treat was all over my brothers’ faces. I decided to just forget about everything, close my eyes, and let myself disappear from the surface of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment