Monday, December 17, 2012

Winter

Author's Note: In the Writing Lab today, the sub asked us to write some kind of creative writing piece using the words we wrote to describe winter. I put all of my words into my short story.



My finger slips across the icy, frosted glass to draw a little happy face of the bus window. I smear the whole window until my hand is soaking wet to look out it. Crystallized water dripping down from buildings- icicles- look like they will fall at once to pierce the little rabbits who carelessly play underneath them. Unexpected was the snow storm that was like a magnet to the little children to make snowmen. Large, round, fluffy flakes drifted down from above. I opened up the window so I might touch these flakes. Chills crawled up my spine, eating at my insides. Nippy dust bit my face. I glazed my eyes to think of what I'd come to when I get home. Mom would be knitting scarves and hats while boiling water to make hot chocolate- not forgetting the marshmallows- with candy canes on the side. Picturing myself wrapped up in a soft blanket next to the blazing fire, I got hurled to the front of the bus to walk down the steps. Colorful lights amused my eyes and I thought about Christmas Eve. There would be murmurs of reindeer, Santa, and a sleigh. Although I didn't know what to think of all this. Winter is magnificent- that I know for sure. 
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment